Julia Turshen’s new cookbook just came out- Simply Julia: 110 Easy Recipes for Healthy Comfort Food. I love her book, Small Victories and have used many of the recipes on repeat in my kitchen. I wrote about her perfect eggs HERE. Julia is a very accomplished cook and recipe writer. She is also a very […]Julia Turshen’s New Cookbook, Best Black Beans with Avocado Salad Recipe & a List of Tips and Tools — Community Table
- 3 cups Coconut Water, I use Vita Coco Pressed
- 3 cups of Filtered Water, I use Smart Water
- 1 Package Of Shakeology, Café Latte Flavored Plant Based Protein Powder
- 1 Scoop of Pumpkin Spice Bone Broth Protein Powder
- 1/2 Avocado
- 2 Tbsps. Ground Flax Seed
- 2 cups Walnuts
- 4-6 Chopped Dates, or 1/2 cup Maple Syrup/Honey
- Add Ice Cubes to cover the top well.
- Blend under Smoothie setting.
- Sprinkle with Cinnamon, Nutmeg of other topping of choice
- Alternative Add-Ins: Instead of Avocado, use1 cup of Pumpkin Puree, not filling, or 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- Instead of Walnuts, you can add or replace with Chia Seeds, Hemp Seeds, Cacao Nibs
This recipe was inspired while doing the Shred 10 program by Juice Plus. It is loaded with lots of anti-inflammatory ingredients that heal the gut as well as nourish the brain.
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree, organic
- Vanilla Protein Powder of choice
- 1 Tart Green Apple, chopped with skin, no seeds
- 1/2 cup Spinach, fresh, or another green of choice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut oil, or other MCT of choice
- 1 1/2 cups Almond milk, or another non-dairy milk choice
Place all ingredients in high speed blender, like Vitamix. Pour into a large blender bottle, or glass mason jar and enjoy!
Have a fabulous day! 🤗 your Healthy Gipseegirl
For more ideas about healthy snacks and meals follow me at : https://m.facebook.com/nourishawakentransform.
I always try and find ways to eat less process foods and take the time to make my own if at all possible. Store bought granola for instance, has to include preservatives and sometimes, coloring; as well as the use of natural flavors, which can be hidden inflammatory substances. This recipe is an inspiration from an IIN classmate and friend. I have made a few changes, but the original recipe can be found at www. firstname.lastname@example.org, Elisabet Corominas, from her Raw Food Cooking Class. Check her out for more awesome recipes.
- 2 Cups sliced Almonds, raw unsalted
- 3 Cups GF, if possible, Old Fashioned Oats, uncooked
- 1 Cup Walnuts, raw, chopped if desire
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Seeds, unsalted, shelled and raw
- 1 Cup raisins, dark, or gold
- 1 Cup Shredded unsweetened Coconut, raw
- 12 Dates, remove seed and diced into small pieces, raw
- 1 Cup Coconut Oil
- 2Tbsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Cup Saigon Cinnamon Powder
- 4 Tbsp. Raw Cacao Powder
Pre-Heat Oven 275 degrees. Mix all the ingredients together, wear some gloves and use your hands to blend all the ingredients well. Use a Large Deep Cookie Sheet coated with some coconut oil. Spread the granola mixture evenly across the pan. Place in the oven and use a mid sized spoon to rotate and turnover the granola every 20 mins. Be sure to watch and make sure not to burn the granola. Some ovens temperature vary. Roast granola for 60 minutes. When finished , let granola completely cool for 1-2 hours. Store granola in glass mason/canning jars with lids, or air-tight containers of choice. Last 2 weeks on shelf when stored properly and 1 month in refrigerator , stored properly. Can be eaten alone, with almond milk, yogurt, or ice cream. It’s my favorite topping over my Blueberry Bliss Overnight Oats. Yields approximately 10 pint jars.
Enjoy, for more recipes and healthy tips and coaching, follow my FB Page @ Healthy Brain Happy Body.
Love and Light, Healthy Gipseegirl! 💕
- 3 Cups Vanilla/ Plain Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/3 cup +1 Tbsp. Whole Organic Chia Seeds
- 2 Cups Old Fashioned Oats, uncooked
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp. Pure Maple Syrup
- Whisk all ingredients together in large glass bowl. Let sit for 10 minutes. Using a measuring cup with spout, pour the mixture into a quart glass canning jar, Refrigerate overnight and enjoy hot or cold with your favorite toppings
- fresh or frozen blueberries, or berry of choice
- fresh sliced banana
- walnuts, or almonds
- hemp seeds
- toasted organic coconut flakes
- cacao powder, organic
- additional cinnamon, if desired
- additional vanilla almond milk, if desired
Enjoy and share with family and friends! Please like and see my official page @ https://m.facebook.com/nourishawakentransform Healthy Brain Happy Body!
Healthy Gipseegirl, aka; Maria Hubert
Raw Pumpkin Oatmeal Protein Bites………….
2 1/2 cups Quick Oats, Non GMO
1 1/2 cups Quinoa, organic, cooked, tri-color
I Pkg Vanilla Shakeology Protein Powder
1/2 cup Almond Butter
8 oz Pumpkin Puree, canned, organic
4 oz Applesauce, unsweetened, organic
1/4 cup Maple Syrup
2 TBs Flax meal/Chia Seeds, mixed together
1 cup Pumpkin Seeds, raw
1/2 cup Pecan Pieces, natural, unsalted
1/4 cup Cranberries, organic
1/2 cup Raw Cacao pieces, or chocolate chips
1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Almond Extract-Optional
2 Drops Cinnamon Bark Essential Oils, doTerra, or 1 TBs
cinnamon spice powder.
Mix all together. Form into small rounded balls on parchment paper/cookie sheet.
Place in freezer 1 hour until firm. Place in airtight container, in refrigerator for 3-5 days.
Via~~~ Healthy Gipseegirl @Healthy BRAIN Happy BODY! Enjoy